SUPPORT WEE POETS!
How Do Children Benefit From WEE POETS?
● An opportunity to develop basic English writing, reading, spelling and grammar skills.
● Notable gains in confidence and self-esteem by reading their poems aloud on TV.
● Gaining knowledge about job careers from adult guests who appear on WEE POETS.
● Seeing himself/herself in the school classroom and in the TV studio when WEE POETS is aired.
● Learning how TV programs are produced.
● Making new friends and having fun with people from diverse backgrounds.
Who are the guests that appear on WEE POETS?
On each bi-monthly program, an adult guest (a teacher, scientist, entrepreneur, musician, athlete) appears, gives a talk about job careers, and interacts with the children.
What is WEE POETS?
WEE POETS is a free TV poetry program for a diverse group of children between the ages of 6-13 years old. WEE POETS is a non-profit, educational community service. Donations are accepted and needed.